Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nina's Pizza and Wings - Dunmore, PA

Restaurant: Nina's Pizza and Wings
Location: Dunmore, PA
Date: October 2012
Ordered: 10 Hot Wings

Price: $7.00
Eat In/Take Out: Eat in


Nina's is a place that I originally went to based on a pizza review recommendation, but I figured while I was there I might as well try out the wings that they offered.  I have heard a lot of good things about their wing bites, but nothing about the wings and since this is a wing-only blog, I ordered 10 hot wings.  When they were delivered to me, they were steaming hot, fried to perfection, and gigantic and meaty.  The presentation was perfect, but how about the sauce?  I found the sauce to be a little sweet for a hot sauce, perhaps with a hint of barbcue or molasses.  I prefer a more traditional buffalo sauce, but this isn't too far removed from that family, just adds some sweetness and flavor rather than bringing the heat.  I really appreciated the wings and these will probably be liked by many people who aren't heat freaks.  Coincidentally, I think this sauce would be amazing on the boneless wings, which must be the reason I've heard so much about them.  Next time I plan on ordering boneless wings as well as one of their giant hoagies!  Also, check out my review of Nina's Pizza.

Sauce Quality: 2/5
Proper Amount of Sauce: 5/5
Sauce Heat Accuracy: 2/5
Overall Taste: 3/5
Size of Wings: 5/5
Crispy/Cooked Properly: 5/5
Overall Value: 2.5/5
OVERALL RATING: 3/5

Nina's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment