Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Loading Dock - Dunmore, PA - Hot and Special Sauce Wings


Restaurant: The Loading Dock
Location: Dunmore, PA
Date: January 2012
Ordered: 10 Hot Wings, 5 Special Sauce Wings
Price: $6.95 per dozen ($.35 on wing night)
Eat In/Take Out: Eat in

The Loading Dock in Dunmore is a bar and restaurant that is known for one thing - it's famous chicken wings!  In recent months, I have heard quite a bit about these famous wings from friends.  I also received quite a few email suggestions to try the wings there, so I finally got around to driving to Dunmore and checking this place out.  The bar and dining room are relatively small for the large crowds that the place has to accommodate based on strong demand, but I was able to get a table with ease.  I happened to strike gold and show up on wing night, which features the unheard of price of $.35 per wing.  They have to be taking a loss at this price, and it's important to know that you have to eat your 35 cent wings in the restaurant because you can't take any home.
 
The wings themselves were pretty big and meaty, which made the 35 cent price that much better of a value.  The chicken was fried to crispy perfection without being burned.  The sauce was well composed, very flavorful, full-bodied, and overall quite good, except they were a bit sweet for a hot wing in my opinion.  I'm pretty sure I'd lose this argument with 90% of NEPA residents if I were to chalk up the sweetness factor to anything other than personal preference so I won't go any further with the flavor.  If you've ever had Nance's pre-made mild sauce in the jar, it is pretty close to The Loading Dock's hot sauce.  I also tried the "Special Sauce" wings which were VERY sweet, and weren't something I was into, but the sauce was again well composed and I'm pretty certain that a broad spectrum of people would enjoy them!

Also check out my review of the Loading Dock's pizza along with more pictures! 


Sauce Quality: 3.75/5
Proper Amount of Sauce:
4.5/5
Sauce Heat Accuracy:
2/5
Overall Taste:
4/5
Size of Wings:
4.5/5
Crispy/Cooked Properly:
5/5
Overall Value:
5/5
OVERALL RATING: 4.25/5

Loading Dock Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment