Monday, January 7, 2013

Wildcat Saloon - Eynon, PA

Restaurant: The Wildcat Saloon
Location: Eynon, PA
Date: January 2012
Ordered: 10 Hot Wings
Price: $6.99
Eat In/Take Out: Eat in
 
The Wildcat is a pretty cool bar to hang out at with friends.  They have a pretty expansive bar, high ceilings, tons of seating, and probably 20 TV's to watch games on.  They are also known to get live entertainment on their own stage on the weekends, and I must say, I've had a few good nights at this place in the past!  I've heard about their wings over the years and how good they were, so I thought it was finally time to try them out.  I ordered 10 hot wings, and after about 20 minutes or so, the wings finally came.  The thing that first caught my eye was that the sauce was simply poured over the top of the wings rather than saucing them in a bowl and tossing them until they are coated evenly.  This was an immediate problem for me because wings should not be doused in one area and dry in another.  I must say that the size of the wings were huge, and they were cooked nearly to perfection, so these were positives.  I didn't really care for the sauce because it wasn't hot at all, had too much tomato product in it and was overall too sweet.  There were mixed reviews from my fellow diners as some of them appreciated the sweet, tomato sauce, but I was not among them.  If you like them hot, I'd recommend bumping up to extra hot.  If you are looking for a cool place to go for a beer and a game, the Wildcat is definitely a good place to check out!
 
Sauce Quality: 2.25/5
Proper Amount of Sauce: 2/5
Sauce Heat Accuracy: 2/5
Overall Taste: 2.5/5
Size of Wings: 5/5
Crispy/Cooked Properly: 4.5/5
Overall Value: 3.5/5
OVERALL RATING: 2.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment